The book PREDICTIONS
(1980) by Joe Fisher & Peter Cummins discusses prediction
throughout history. The authors also list predictions made by famous
psychics especially for inclusion in the book.
PREDICTIONS exactly so as to assess the psychics without
the predictions for "the next twenty years" that "cropped up with the
greatest frequency" (p. 99):
* Space exploration will flourish. We will make contact with beings
from outer space and learn where UFOs come from.
* Medical science will be revolutionized and major breakthroughs made
in the treatment of cancer, cerebral palsy and muscular dystrophy.
* Devastating volcanoes and earthquakes will change the face of the
world. California will be among the worst hit areas.
* Some form of nuclear war will break out within ten years.
* A United States president will die in office in the 1980s.
* New York will be destroyed.
* Great advances will be made in psychic research and greater use made
of psychic perception in everyday life.
consider the effort of Irene Hughes – "America’s first lady of the
* An oncoming ice age will be "very evident" by 1983 and fully upon us
* Missouri, Kentucky and Tennessee will suffer from terrible
earthquakes in 1981 and 1982. On or near March 10, 1986, a giant quake
will rock San Francisco.
* The world will be on the verge of nuclear war in 1983. China will
stir up Africa and other nations against the United States, and in 1985
sophisticated nuclear, weapons
small enough to tuck into a pocket will be used in the conflict which
'will not be an all-out destructive war.'
* Quebec will secede from Canada no later than 1985.
* Queen Elizabeth will abdicate and Prince Charles will take over the
thrown for about three years, then step down. Illness will cause the
* Paris will be burned to the ground before 2000, Italy will suffer
famine and destructive earthquakes between 1983 and 1989 and Rome will
be destroyed shortly after 2000.
* The next pope will be assassinated and cardinals will rule the Church
until the papacy is no more in 1989.
Sandra McNeil of Los Angeles "most glamorous of the modern psychics"
* As early as 1981, robots will be used in the home, not only as
messengers, cooks and cleaners, but as companions. By 2000 computer
robots will be introduced in the classroom as 'teachers aids.'
* A wrist device to inform diabetics of blood-sugar levels will be on
the market shortly. This will be followed, in 1981, by an injection
that will arrest diabetes for fifty years.
* A serum that prevents hardening of the arteries and reverses senility
and aging process will become available in the 1980s. By 2000 average
life expectancy will be increased to 120 years.
* Synthetic repair will provide a cure for heart disease by 1993. The
1990s will see cures for arthritis, cancer and multiple sclerosis.
* By 1990 a device will have been invented to enable us to communicate
with plants. A computer analyzer will translate a plant's vibrations
into human voice.
* Hypnosis and 'conditioning tapes' will be used in schools by the turn
of the century. These programming techniques will make it possible for
physics, languages, astronomy and calculus to be taught to
* By 1987-88, airplanes will cross the Atlantic Ocean in less than
* By 1990, there will be proof of life in outer space when a Russian
mission encounters and 'captures' an organism from another planet.
* The United States will establish an experimental space station in the
early 1990s that will house several hundred people for over a year
A. S. Narayana of Canada's Espon Corporation was charging $3000 per
page of predictions of alleged 90% accuracy. His public predictions
had, the Yogi warned, an 'error factor' of 25%. The following 'public
predictions' (p.105) seem nearer 100% wrong:
* A new Watergate involving close to $17 million is in the making in
the United States.
* By 1985, all the world's dictators will either be dead or in hiding
on obscure islands.
* The United States of North and Central America will be founded within
* The Japanese economy will break down between 1980 and 1984.
* Pierre Trudeau will be appointed to a top-ranking post in the United
Nations by 1982.
* Bad harvests in the Soviet Union between 1980 and 1987 will help
reduce that country to a second-rate power.
* A world state, using a currency 'something like the kilowatt,' is
less than ten years away.
that all three "psychics" were close to 100% wrong.
lists a lot more "psychic" twaddle and I recommend the reading of the
entire book. The great shame is that people are paying, in some cases,
$3000 per page!
known in South Australia may charge only $30 per short visit. But isn't
even that too much considering that science has never demonstrated any